LETTING AGENT FEES ARE ILLEGAL IN SCOTLAND!
reclaim your fees here from the Shelter Scotland website: http://reclaimyourfees.com/
Have your say in the Scottish Government’s consultation through Shelter Scotland: http://www.reclaimyourfees.com/have-your-say-on-unlawful-letting-agent-charges/
WHICH FEES ARE ILLEGAL? CHECK BELOW.
- fees for carrying out credit checks
- fees for carrying out reference checks
- charges for checking and preparing an inventory
- charges for arranging duplicate copies of the lease
- a payment to a landlord or anyone else as an inducement to grant a tenancy
- a payment to formally transfer a tenancy to someone else (known as ‘assignment’)
- rent charges for a rental period that has not started
- sale of furniture to a tenant for an excessive price
- non refundable ‘holding fees’ or similar charges