Dear neighbours and friends,
The Glasgow Residents Network is holding its second conference later this month aimed at bringing together residents organisations from across the city to work towards greater co-operation and mutual aid and support. We want to improve our communities and our city together.
The conference is being held on Staurday the 21st of October in the
Renfield St Stephen’s church, 260 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4JP, from
2pm in the centre of town.
Map of how to get there:-
The agenda is as follows:-
2pm Introductions and welcome
* NB – This is an ideal opportunity for your residents organisation or
group to circulate literature and information on any issues you want
others across the city to learn about
[There will be a table set aside for literature on the day, but get in
touch in advance and we will circulate relevant leaflets and other
literature within the conference welcome pack so that everyone gets a
2:15pm Plenary – The story so far…
* Discussion of our draft manifesto
* Discussion and responses from our first conference report
* How can evolve further
+ Open proposals from city residents associations… ~
~ Just get in touch! [See the contact details below]
3:00pm Workshop session one:-
* The Scottish Executive’s Regeneration Statement, “People and Place”,
And How It Will Impact Our Communities – followed by discussion
* Right-To-Buy – A Discussion On The Issues Raised By And The
Strategies For The Future OF The Recent GHA Homeowners Movement.
4:00pm Workshop session 2:-
Choose between the following four worshops:-
* Second Stage Transfer And The Role Of ‘Community Housing
Associations’ – followed by discussion
* GHA’s Rent Restructuring Review, And What It Means For Glasgow
Housing Association Tenants – followed by discussion
* Demolition and (Re)development – Our City’s Changing – Is It For The
Better? – 0pen discussion of the issues raised.
* Anti-social Behaviour – What Can We Do To Address What For Many Is
The Main Issue In Their Communities? – open discussion.
4:45pm – Close
* Feedback, information sharing and notice of future events.
**** APPEAL *****
Can your residents organisation help to publicise the conference?
So far we have eight residents organisations invovled in the network
plus a number of committed individuals, but we are trying to broaden
out the network to involve more residents organisations from across
the city. If you can help or get involved in any way, however small,
in helping to organise this conference or in future events, then let
us know today!
Tel: 0976718111 / 07910627970 – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
**** APPEAL *****
Glasgow Residents Network – 2nd Conference
Saturday 21st October
@ the Renfield St Stephens Church
260 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4JP
Hope to se you all there!
(on behalf of the Glasgow Residents Network)